Are you searching for a way of setting up your own Citizen’s Band?
Or just looking for the most seamless way of tuning into some, as you search for the nearest Smokey’s?
Well, if you ask us, a powerful CB machine alone is not enough. You’ll need an equally powerful antenna along with it to make the most of your ‘on the go CB experience.’
And searching for the right antenna that will fit both your vehicle and CB machine is no easy task. But we are here today to help you out with just that.
Best CB Antenna of 2022-2023
|Wilson Little Wil|
|Browning BR-28||9.6||Check Price|
|K40 K-30||9.5||Check Price|
|Midland 18-258||9.3||Check Price|
|Sirio Antenna Fighter 5000||9.0||Check Price|
|Wilson 305-492 T2000||8.8||Check Price|
|Midland 18-2442||8.7||Check Price|
And we hope that at least one out of them can be your pick as well and fulfill all your CB needs.
Wilson 305-38 300-Watt Little Wil Magnet Mount Antenna – Best in Sound Clarity
Don’t be fooled by its diminutive size. Even though small, the Wilson Little Wil Magnet Mount Antenna packs a mighty punch when it comes to capture range and sound clarity. Its sturdy and durable build is constructed out of a heavy-duty coil that features a 14-gauge copper wire which allows the antenna to have amazing sound clarity.
And to ensure the most secure attachment to your vehicle, the ‘Little Will’ will come with a large 10-ounce magnet that can resist high wind velocities. Making the antenna perfect for those who use their CB when they’re driving on the highway, or for those who need car to car communication on a road trip.
- Heavy-duty coil construction keeps the antenna durable and corrosion resistant.
- 14-gauge copper wire promotes sound clarity.
- 10-ounce magnet for secure attachment.
- Easy to install, but not all that easy to remove. Need to reset the SLR everytime you put the antenna back in.
Solarcon I-MAX 2000 CB/Ham Radio Base Station Vertical Antenna: Best in Professional Grade Product
The IMAX-2000 is all about giving their customers the ideal platform to export both commercial and 10-meter ham radio. As one of the highest gain fiberglass antenna in today’s market, this antenna works well with any IMAXGPK ground plane. And along with a heavy-duty mounting plate, the IMAX-2000 is able to withstand high wind velocities as well.
The IMAX-2000 also comes with a high powered antenna that can handle 5000 watts of power and is insulated to up-to 14,500 volts of electricity. This makes it a very powerful antenna with a great capture range while boasting good sound clarity and a wide variety of channel support.
- High powered antenna that can handle 5000 watts of power.
- Heavy duty mounting plate keeps it resistant to high wind velocities.
- Insulated to up-to 14,500 volts of electricity.
- Extensive use can cause the antenna to deteriorate from the UV rays in sunlight.
Browning BR-28 High-Performance CB Antenna – Best in Adjustability
The Browning BR-28 Broad Band 63-inch CB Antenna is a trucker’s best friend when it comes his/her Citizen’s Band needs. With a 10,000 Watts handling capacity, the antenna also boasts highly adjustable features that make it compatible with any vehicle, especially a truck.
To compensate for the spring length, you can freely customize the antenna’s rod by sliding it in and out of the main body. The antenna is securely fastened to the vehicle as well, with the help of two heavy duty screws, which allows it to withstand high wind velocities.
The stainless steel body, holds a triple chromium plated copper coil that generates a frequency of 25 Mhz to 30 Mhz, giving it a very high capture range.
- 10,00 Watts capacity.
- Main body can be adjusted in whichever way to match the vehicle’s needs.
- High catch range of 25 Mhz to 30 Mhz.
- Even though stainless steel, we did notice some rust after extensive use on moist weather conditions.
K40 K-30 35″ 300 Watts Stainless Steel Magnet Mount CB Antenna – Best in Popularity
The K40 K-30 Antenna is perhaps one of the most popular go-to products for all CB enthusiasts. And it is no surprise why. What makes it so accessible is not the 15 feet pre-wired RG-58AU 95, but a 300 watt AM power handling capability that comes with a 10-degree radius tip.
The tip eliminates the need for ball and heavy duty magnets that would have otherwise made the antenna unnecessarily heavy and expensive.
The stainless steel antenna also comes with 95% shielded coax cable that prevents it from breaking by protecting it from physical damage.
- 95% shielded coax cable enhances durability.
- 300 watt AM power holding capacity with a 10-degree radius tip.
- One of the more affordable CB antennas on today list.
- Needs minor tuning every now and then along with periodic repair and maintenance.
Midland 18-258 40-Channel – Best Entry Level Product
If you are looking to get into the field of broadcasting CB from your vehicle or just receiving them, then the Midland can be your pick for the day. This glass mount CB antenna is all about helping out the CB amateur by being one of the most convenient to use and easy to install antennas on our list today.
The 12 feet pre-wired cable makes the antenna very easy to install. And with a 27 MHz catch frequency, it is excellent for receiving CB, VHF, weather and hazard broadcasts. It even offers 40 channels while being capable of handling a maximum of 10-watt.
- Stainless Steel build makes it durable by helping it weather the elements.
- 12 feet pre-wired cable makes it easy to install.
- Maximum of 10-watt capacity that offers 40 channels.
- As it is a glass mount, the range is not so big. Making the antenna work as only a local comms.
Sirio Antenna Fighter 5000 – Best in Design
If you aren’t all that new to the CB broadcasting scene, then you have probably heard of Sirio and their Italian range of fantastic mobile antennas. They have recently released a limited edition fighter series of some of their more notable models, which is adding a little spark of fashion to the otherwise grey antenna market.
The Camo 5000 PI, keeps all of the original’s functionality intact but adds the extra aesthetics that makes it ideal for those who drive a military vehicle or are active in airsoft activities. With 1.2 bandwidth and a 200 channel support, it is indeed a fantastic product to have.
- Fashionable Fighter Camo theme improves your car’s aesthetic appeal.
- 1.2 bandwidth supports 200 channels.
- Max power of 1500 watts continuous, and 5000 watts for a limited time.
- Installation is difficult, and the description provided with the kit is complicated to understand.
Wilson 305-492 T2000 Series – Best Frequency Range
The Wilson 305-492 T2000 Series Trucker Antenna can become your favorite if you are looking for an antenna that picks up on a larger radius. With a frequency range of 26 MHz to 30 MHz, it is one of the best when it comes to receiving on a broader scale with almost negligible static.
The 5” shaft and 49” stainless steel whip is rated at 3500 watts, and has a 3/8″ x 24 chromed brass ferrule that makes it resistant to wind damage. It even comes with a larger coil housing that allows increased power outage while not compromising on functionality.
- Wide 26 MHz to 30 MHz frequency range.
- Rated at 3500 watts.
- Wind resistant 3/8″ x 24 chromed brass ferrule.
- There can be signal issues when using it for car to car communications.
Midland 18-2442 Mobile CB Antenna – Best in Wind Resistance
CB broadcasting down an arid, windy highway can be very troublesome, as too much wind velocity can knock the antenna right off your vehicle and even cause whip damage. The Midland caters to this very problem, by equipping their 18-2442 antenna with relief springs that significantly minimizes the risk of whip damage while preventing the antenna from falling off.
The plastic coated magnetic base adheres to most vehicles, it also helps protect the magnet from rust. And for greater efficiency and sound clarity, the antenna system uses a center-loaded coil with a very high frequency capture range. It even has easy to install features, that come with an alien wrench and extra spare accessories.
- Relief spring feature prevents whip damage and doesn’t allow the antenna to fall off under high-velocity winds.
- Easy to install features.
- Kit comes with an alien wrench and extra spare accessories.
- Rainwater can get in between the plastic coated magnet and the vehicle surface causing the antenna to slip.
There are as many CB antennas in the market as there are customer demands. From providing a broader frequency range to boasting amazing style and durability, the radio market has everything that you can ask for.
We hope you found our guide to be informative.
Till next time!